Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Getting Ready For First Trip

Went to Wal-mart today on the way home from work to pick up some dishes and utensils for the RV. I've got them washing in the dishwasher right now.

Got some dish towels and dish clothes and dish soap for the kitchen. And I also put some pans in a cabinet.

I backed up the RV all by myself into the compound. The RV park has pull-thru only spaces so that should be easier than the backing up I had to do tonight. It took me about 30 minutes to do it because I kept getting out and checking my position so I didn't hit anything. Would have been easier with someone spotting me but I did it myself and now I know I can.

Then I hooked it up to electricity. The front air conditioner is working all right but I couldn't get the back one to click on.

And the refrigerator won't click on either. Bob and Sue had that fixed at Camping World but then again, Camping World broke the antenna and tried to play it off as it was broken already. So they might have just said they fixed the refrigerator when they really didn't. Or it could be operator error. Will have Amy look at that when she gets home.

In any case, we have the mini fridge that runs on propane and electricity. So we can take that with us. It isn't big but should hold the stuff we need refrigerated. I'll check it again in a few hours to see if it was just taking its time to get cool.

And it might be a fuse for the AC and the fridge. I'll have to have Amy look at that stuff too because I don't really know much about fuses and such. Although I'm sure I could figure it out!

I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow to pick up some things for the trip. I want to make sausage, eggs, and pancakes on Friday morning. And I want to grill out steak and have asparagus and salad for Thursday night. I'll bring some sandwich makings for lunch. Plus snacks.

It is a lot to do just for a 2 night trip. But really this is a practice run so we can see what all needs our attention and to remember how to live in an RV again.

I've convinced Amy that we don't need to tow the car this time. I'd like to get just driving the RV under our belts before we move up to that.

Okay... Gotta get to packing the rest of the stuff we need in the RV.

I was thinking about sleeping in the RV tonight. Am I a goober or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home