Monday, February 20, 2006

First Practice Drive

I was able to figure out how to take the tow dolly off the RV. It was pretty easy. But I'm going to have to duck tape the wires back on that Bob had on there. But I didn't break anything and I think I can get it back on there again. And off.

So I drove around the dirt road circle. There is a mesquite tree that needs some trimming. It is scrapping the top of the RV. Bucky said I could use his tree trimmer. Plan on doing that this afternoon after lunch.

Anyway, the RV drives much easier then the truck with the 5th wheel did. So I decided to take if for a test drive on actual road.

I got it through the gate, no problem. And then onto the county road we live on. That was the worse road of the whole trip. It is pretty narrow.

Then I got through the S-curve just fine and onto a state paved road. Thank goodness, that bumpy county road is a little jarring.

Then I took it on a state highway through a small town near where we live and back onto the county road. A nice little spin.

The RV handled beautifully although I did have a tight grip on the steering wheel the whole time. It has good pick up and go. I had to keep watching my speed because I'd look down and I'd be going much faster then I thought I was.

Will have to keep an eye on ole lead foot Amy when she is driving. Just because it is bigger then the ambulances she used to drive doesn't mean she can go as fast as one with its lights and sirens on!!!

I think she is going to like driving it. And I think it will be a lot easier pulling a car behind us then I thought. Yeah!

After I got back from the test drive, I looked around more on the inside. I figured out how the sofa bed works. It is pretty comfortable but the person closet to the window will have a heck of time getting out trying to get to the bathroom.

And there doesn't seem to be a cable inlet for hook up to cable. If Amy had known that she might have called off the whole deal. LOL! She does like her TV. Anyway, I think it will be easy to install something like that. Or rather to get someone to install that. I'll leave that for Amy to figure out!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home